Tuesday March 24, 2020

Psalms 23 & Matthew 1
Some New Testament.

We have been reading and enjoying the Psalms.
I am not sure about you but I see the theme of love, deliverance from evil, praise to God, and help from heaven. 


THE PSALMS
So far, we know that a Psalm is a a sacred song or hymn.
 It has many features to it.
some is songs,
and hymns,
or it is prayers contained in the Book of Psalms.
a metric version or paraphrase of any of these.
a poem of a similar nature.

ORIGIN OF THE WORD PSALM
before 900; Middle English psalm(e), s(e)alm(e), psame, 
Old English ps(e)alm, sealm < Late Latin psalmus < 
Greek psalmós song sung to the harp, orig., 
a plucking, as of strings, akin to psállein to pluck, pull, play (the harp)


In keeping with the song nature of the Psalms; I wanted to share this song I found. 
( I think she does an awesome job of singing the psalms). 
She has others songs too.
This one is great. I like it.
We been reading a lot so what about listening to something nice today.

I do not owe any rights to the song.
I do not share any interest except that as a fan of the singer, writers, and  producers of this song.
I simply adore this song and I hope you enjoy it. 
Psalms 23. 


Psalms 23

The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.


Fast forwarding to the New Testament.
Matthew is called an eye witness account.
Matthew, Mark, and Luke are called the synoptic Gospels because they include many of the same stories, often in a similar sequence and in similar or sometimes identical wording.

The best way I can describe them as; witnesses who are speaking from different perspectives yet they share the same story. There are differences and similarities but the same story of Jesus Christ. I encourage you to use the Wikipedia button in the menu to look up things. It provides short and quick understandings.


Matthew 1

The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
2. Abraham was the father of Isaac, and Isaac the father of Jacob, and Jacob the Father of Judah and his brothers.
3. And Judah the father of Perez and Zerah by Tamar, and Perez and the father of Hezron, and Hezron the father of Ram,
4. And Ram the Father of of Amindab, and Amminadab the father of Nashon, and Nahshon the father of Salmon,
5. And Salmon the father of Boaz by Rahab, and BoObed by Ruth, and Obed the father of Jesse,
6. And Jesse the father of David the King. And David was the father of Solomon by the wife of Uriah,
7. And Solomon the father of Rehoboam, and Rehoboam the father of Abijah, and Abijah the father of Asa.
8. And Asa the father of Jehoshaphat, and Jehoshaphat the father of Joram, and Joram the father of Uzziah,
9. And Uzziah the father of Jotham, and Jotham the father of Ahaz and Ahaz the father of Hezekiah,
10. And Hezekiah the father of Manasseh, and Manesseh the father of Amon, and Amon the father of Josiah,
11. And Josiah the father of Jechoniah and his brothers, at the tiem of the deportation to Babylon.
12. And after the deportation to Babylon: Jechoniah was the father of Shealtiel, and Shealtiel the father of Zerubbabel,
13. And Zerubbabel the father of Abiud, and Abiud the father of Eliakim, and Eliakim the father of Azor,
14. And Azor the father of Zadok, and Zadok the father of Achim, and Achim the father of Eliud,
15. And Eliud the father of Eleazar, and Eleazar the father of Matthan, and Matthan the father of Jacob,
16. and Jacob the father of Joseph the husband of Mary, or whom Jesus was born, who is called Christ.
17. So all the generations from Abraham to David were fourteen generations, and from David to the deportation to Babylon fourteen generations, and from the deportation to Babylon to the Christ fourteen generations.
18. Now the birth of Jesus Christ took place in this way. When his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child from the Holy Spirit.
19. And her husband Joseph, being a just man and not unwilling to put her to shame, resolved to divorce her quietly.
20. But as he considered these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.
21. She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.
22.All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet:
23. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel" (which mean, God with us).
24. When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: He took his wife,
25. But he knew her not until she had given birth to her firstborn son. And he called his name Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts