September 17, 2020, Saying of the wise 5, Isaiah cont....

Isaiah cont...

Chapter 5

The song for the one I love

a song about his vineyard: 


My loved had a vineyard on a fertile hillside.

He dug it up and cleared it of stones and planted it with the choicest vines. 


He built a watch tower in it and cut out a wine press as well, 

Then he looked for a crop of good grapes, 


but it yielded only bad fruit. 


Why is the judgement coming?

  • God has given his vineyard every good thing but sadly it only produces bad fruit? 
Now you dwellers in  Jerusalem and people of Judah, judge between me and my vineyard.

What more could have been done for it?

When I looked for good grapes, 
why did it yield only bad?

Now I will tell you what I am going to do to my vineyard;

I will take away its hedge, 
and it will be destroyed, 
I will break down its wall, 
and it will be trampled. 

I hear God's heart...Why give us an explanation. He does not own it to us but he offers reasons why he is making this choice. He even tells Judah to judge between him and the vineyard. 

A vine yard is a s a plantation of grape-bearing vines, grown mainly for winemaking, but also raisins, table grapes and non-alcoholic grape juice.  ... 

I will make it a wasteland, 
neither pruned nor cultivated, 
and briers and thorns will grow there.
I will command the clouds 
not to rain on it.

The vineyard of the Lord Almighty
is the nation of Israel, 
and the people of Judah are the people he delighted in.
And he looked for justice, but saw bloodshed; 
for righteousness but heard cries of distress.

We all have things to change and it is important to know that God likes things pruned and growing. I have things that need to be changed but this judgement is so bad I don't think that its about that person that skipped Sunday school on Sunday.
Or you got angry in traffic.
Or you ate one to many cookies the night before.
Those things can be changed by good company and the conscience bearing witness and saying bad choice. But yielding fruit has to do with how we interact with each other. The justice of how we treat the poor, the fatherless, and God expects righteousness. if you go back to the Psalms when David speaks of righteousness he speaks of how we treat people. We all need discipline but right now
God is judging those who are shedding blood as well as not bearing the fruits of righteousness.



 Proverbs 22 cont...

Saying 3

Do not make friends with a hot tempered person, 

do not associate with one easily angered, 

or you may learn their ways and yourself ensnared. 

Comments

Popular posts