July 02-July 03

 God Is Good

Happy Sunday! Happy Monday! 

God is graceful!

God extends Grace to Us! 

I posted a quote on my Instagram that stated. "True is religion is taking care of the orphans, helping the widows, and feeding the hungry." True religion is also a personal inside job! Religion is not meant to judge others but it is suppose to help us control ourselves. I cannot tell other people what to do. I do not want to tell other people what to do. But what I like to do is spread positive words. I like to see people encouraged to do what is right. See them enlighten. Even if they fall. I do not feel joy. I feel sympathetic because I know that some people celebrate failure and hate your success.  I don't seek to discover others people faults but I choose to focus on what is good about them. I spoke to a 25 year old girl. I told her I was a believer and she confess to me that she believe in just spirituality. She was very polite and positive. She is very beautiful. I was shock that a smart intelligent African American woman did not believe in God. I was speechless. As we worked on our project together she went on to tell me about her brothers girlfriend mother who is a Christian. But she shared some unpleasant things the woman said. Sadly she had told them they were going to hell. They were filled with the Devil and that God didn't like them. At that moment it was clear to me. She had some negative experiences with other people. I told her your beliefs does not offend me. I told her I will always respect you and anyone else no matter if they are saved or unsaved. I stand for what is right and the right thing for her is to probably to meet some nice believers. She keep meeting the tough ones. The truth is without Christ people are going to a dark eternity. But what is evangelism? Is it possible to convince people in a more productive way...... Jesus did with his followers. Love your neighbor (treat them as you want to be treated) extends to everyone. God would not want me judging this woman. But he would want me to respect her like I want to be respected. 

Godly character traits...

1. Merciful

2. forgiving

3. Understanding

4. Love-Just treating others they way you want to be treated.

What is grace? 

It is an action word- a beautiful- verb (used with object),graced, grac·ing.

to lend or add grace to; adorn:

Many fine paintings graced the rooms of the house.

Grace is something that we do. It is bestowed. 

This week lets pull out some grace in action from some bible verses. What does it look like? We encounter all types of people. Do we give them grace? Or do we throw the book at them and give them the truth as soon as we meet them. Should we give them time to correct themselves? Should we care to see if it is something they are struggling with? Something has caused them to feel the way they do! Or do we see the sin and we want to EXPOSE, EMBARASS, AND GOSSIP ABOUT THEM! Why would God act like that? Clearly the bible tells us what grace in action look like. 

He saved us by grace.

He blessed them by grace.

May his grace be bestowed upon you!

What does that mean!

He did something good for us despite all the bad things we had done. 

His actions were not based upon our sin but more on his grace. He did something.

He saved. He bless. He did all this by grace. 

He tells us not take his grace lightly. Not to neglect it. 

IT IS A TOOL TO USE TO HELP OTHERS BECOME SAVED. HE SAVED THEM BY GRACE. IF WE DON'T GRANT IT OR GIVE IT ..... HOW WILL THEY LISTEN TO ANYTHING ELSE WE SAY! GOD GIVES IT TO US. 

Grace is this awesome  favor or honor: Not neglecting the truth. But extending a hand!

As I encounter this young lady I know her views come from other people and she sees Christianity through the personality of an unpleasant person instead of seeing God. I want to be graceful. I have to be wise. I know there may be things that get misunderstood but being respectful, polite, honoring other peoples beliefs is important to me. It is also important to me to me......to not be angry with them because they wont believe as I do. 


Have a great day!


Comments

Popular posts