Monday March 23, 2020

Psalms 22


My God, My god why have you forsaken me?

Why are you so far from helping me, and from the words of my groaning?

O My God, I cry in the daytime, but you answer not; and by night I am not silent and find no rest. '

But You are holy, O you who dwell in [the holy place where] the praises of Israel [are offered].

Our fathers trusted in you; they trusted (leaned on, relied on you, and were confident) and you delivered them.

They cried to you and were delivered; they trusted in, leaned on, and confidently relied on you, and were not ashamed or confounded or disappointed.

But I am low, and no man; I am the scorn of men, and despised by the people. [Matt 27: 39-44].

All who see me laugh at me and mock me; they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,

He trusted and rolled himself on the Lord, and he would deliver him, let him deliver him, seeing that he delights in him!

Yet you are he who took me out of the womb; you made me hope and trust when I was on my mothers breasts.

I was cast upon you from my very birth; from my mothers womb you have been my God.

Be not far from me, for trouble is near and there is none to help,

Many [foes like] bulls have surrounded me; strong bulls of Bashan have hedged me in [Ezek. 39:18].

Against me they opened their mouths wide, like a ravening and roaring lion.

I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint. My heart is like wax; it is softened [with augish] and melted down within me.

My strength is dried up like a fragment of clay pottery; [with thirst] my tongue cleaves to my jaws; and you have brought me into the dusk of death.

For [like a pack of] dogs they have encompassed me; a company of evildoers has encircled me, they pierced my hands and feet.

I can count all my bones; [the evildoers] gaze at me.

They part my clothing among them and cast lots for my raiment (a long, shirt like garment, a seamless under tunic).

But be not far from me, O Lord; O my help, hasten to aid me!

Deliver my life from the sword, my dear life from the power of the dog [the agent of execution]

Save me from the Lions mouth; for you have answered me kindly from the horns of the wild oxen.

I will declare your name to my brethren; in the midst of the congregation will I praise you.

You who fear (revere and worship) the Lord, praise him! All you offspring of Jacob, glorify him, fear him, all you offspring of Israel.

I noted that David is more mature in this passage. In the first few passages he seem younger. Secondly in this passage he is experiencing trouble again but there is a change in the voice.

Once again
1. The enemy has risen up.
( people are negative towards him)
2. He goes to the Lord
3. He asks to be save from the problem.
4. He is mocked
5. He is scorned
6. maybe disrespected.

Similar to Christ but not compatible. The Lord was mistreated badly.
Jesus was beated and mocked and crucified. No one helped him. It was bad. But it was God's will. In times of trouble only God can deliver us. All things are under his feet. He is Lord over it all. Sonetimes God allows things to happen. We are always safe but he brings us to him through trouble.

Jesus is innocent. We are guilty. Trouble comes to bring us back to the Lord.

But we must not fear people but fear God.


Comments

Popular posts