Wednesday April 1, 2020

Good morning. 
ITS A SAD TIME BUT IT IS STILL THE EASTER SEASON!
I pray that Your Easter plans are beautiful despite it being such as a DIFFICULT TIME. 
Sadly some people have lost love ones and others have learned about sick love ones.  As you celebrate Easter remember the Lord and be reminded that his life was always in God's hands. In the body or out of the body. It is an American tradition to celebrate Easter by going to church and great food but plans have changed and its hard. But when we begin to feel bad remember things are harder for those that are sick  and no one can visit them on their sick beds; and no matter how you spend Easter God is in your heart.  





What is Passover?
"The Jewish holiday of Passover (in Hebrew, Pesach) commemorates the exodus of the Jews from slavery in Egypt. The holiday originated in the Torah, where the word pesach refers to the ancient Passover sacrifice (known as the Paschal Lamb); The holiday is ultimately a celebration of freedom, and the story of the exodus from Egypt it is a powerful metaphor that is appreciated not only by Jews, but by people of other faiths as well."

What are some of the ways the Jews celebrate?
They eat unleavened bread
Recite the scriptures (exodus) to celebrate their exodus.

Works Cited
https://toriavey.com/what-is-passover



Two Different events in history but they share similar purposes. 
Passover is a little bit similar to black history month when African Americans get together and we remember and celebrate men and women who gave their life as well as those who sacrifice for the right of  freedom for all people as well as a change in the thinking of those who believed in slavery. For the Jews Moses was a fearless leader who faced great opposition but he had great faith and by faith in God's word they were delivered and set free. Passover is more about the power of God at work and the faith of a great nation. 


APRIL 1, 2020 
PSALMS 31 

A Psalm of Complaint and of Praise.
To the Chief Musician. 

A Psalm of David.

 In You, O Lord, I have placed my trust and taken refuge;
Let me never be ashamed;
In Your righteousness rescue me.
Incline Your ear to me, deliver me quickly;
Be my rock of refuge,
And a strong fortress to save me.
Yes, You are my rock and my fortress;
For Your name’s sake You will lead me and guide me.
You will draw me out of the net that they have secretly laid for me,
For You are my strength and my stronghold.
Into Your hand I commit my spirit;
You have redeemed me, O Lord, the God of truth and faithfulness.
I hate those who pay regard to vain (empty, worthless) idols;
But I trust in the Lord [and rely on Him with unwavering confidence].
I will rejoice and be glad in Your steadfast love,
Because You have seen my affliction;
You have taken note of my life’s distresses,
And You have not given me into the hand of the enemy;
You have set my feet in a broad place.
Be gracious and compassionate to me, O Lord, for I am in trouble;
My eye is clouded and weakened by grief, my soul and my body also.
For my life is spent with sorrow
And my years with sighing;
My strength has failed because of my iniquity,
And even my body has wasted away.
Because of all my enemies 
I have become a reproach and disgrace,
Especially to my neighbors,
And an object of dread to my acquaintances;
Those who see me on the street run from me.
I am forgotten like a dead man, out of mind;
I am like a broken vessel.
For I have heard the slander and whispering of many,
Terror is on every side;
While they schemed together against me,
They plotted to take away my life.
But as for me, I trust [confidently] in You and Your greatness, O Lord;
I said, “You are my God.”
My times are in Your hands;
Rescue me from the hand of my enemies and from those who pursue and persecute me.
Make Your face shine upon Your servant;
Save me in Your loving kindness.
Let me not be put to shame, O Lord, for I call on You;
Let the wicked (godless) be put to shame, let them be silent in Sheol (the nether world, the place of the dead). 
Let the lying lips be mute,
Which speak insolently and arrogantly against the [consistently] righteous
With pride and contempt. 
How great is Your goodness,
Which You have stored up for those who [reverently] fear You,
Which You have prepared for those who take refuge in You,
Before the sons of man!
In the secret place of Your presence You hide them from the plots and conspiracies of man;
You keep them secretly in a shelter (pavilion) from the strife of tongues.
Blessed be the Lord,
For He has shown His marvelous favor and loving kindness to me [when I was assailed] in a besieged city.
As for me, I said in my alarm,
“I am cut off from Your eyes.”
Nevertheless You heard the voice of my supplications (specific requests)
When I cried to You [for help].
O love the Lord, all you His godly ones!
The Lord preserves the faithful [those with moral and spiritual integrity]
And fully repays the [self-righteousness of the] arrogant.
Be strong and let your hearts take courage,
All you who wait for and confidently expect the Lord.

MATTHEW 7

Judging Others

 “  Do not judge and criticize and condemn [others unfairly with an attitude of self-righteous superiority as though assuming the office of a judge], so that you will not be judged [unfairly]. 

For just as you [hypocritically] judge others [when you are sinful and unrepentant], so will you be judged; and in accordance with your standard of measure [used to pass out judgment], judgment will be measured to you.

Why do you look at the [insignificant] speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice and acknowledge the [egregious] log that is in your own eye? 

Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me get the speck out of your eye,’ when there is a log in your own eye? 

You hypocrite (play-actor, pretender), first get the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.

“Do not give that which is holy to  dogs, and do not throw your pearls before pigs, for they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

The Golden Rule

“  Ask and keep on asking and it will be given to you; seek and keep on seeking and you will find; knock and keep on knocking and the door will be opened to you. 

For everyone who keeps on asking receives, and he who keeps on seeking finds, and and to him who keeps on knocking, it will be opened. 

Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will [instead] give him a stone? 

Or if he asks for a fish, will [instead] give him a snake? 

If you then, evil (sinful by nature) as you are, know how to give good and advantageous gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven [perfect as He is] give what is good and advantageous to those who keep on asking Him.


“So then, in everything treat others the same way you want them to treat you, for this is [the essence of] the Law and the [writings of the] Prophets.


The Narrow and Wide Gates

“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad and easy to travel is the path that leads the way to destruction and eternal loss, and there are many who enter through it. 


But small is the gate and narrow and difficult to travel is the path that leads the way to [everlasting] life, and there are few who find it.


A Tree and Its Fruit


“Beware of the false prophets, [teachers] who come to you dressed as sheep [appearing gentle and innocent], but inwardly 
are ravenous wolves. 

By their fruit you will recognize them [that is, by their contrived doctrine and self-focus]. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes or figs from thistles? 

Even so, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the unhealthy tree bears bad fruit. 

A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 

Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 

Therefore, by their fruit you will recognize them [as false prophets].



“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. 

Many will say to Me on that day [when I judge them], ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, and and driven out demons in Your name, and done many miracles in Your name?’ 

And then I will declare to them publicly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me [you are banished from My presence], you who act wickedly [disregarding My commands].’

There are two types of Foundations

“So everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, will be like a wise man [a far-sighted, practical, and sensible man] who built his house on the rock. 

And the rain fell, and the floods and torrents came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. 

And everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not do them, will be like a foolish (stupid) man who built his house on the sand. 

And the rain fell, and the floods and torrents came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great and complete was its fall.”


When Jesus had finished [speaking] these words [on the mountain], the crowds were astonished and overwhelmed at His teaching; for He was teaching them as one who had authority [to teach entirely of His own volition], and not as their scribes [who relied on others to confirm their authority].

Have an awesome Day!

Comments

Popular posts