April 26, 2020 Good Morning

Psalms 56

For the director of music.
To the tune of "A Dove on Distant Oaks".
Psalm of David. 

When the Philistines had seized him in Gath.

Be merciful to me, my God, 
for my enemies are in hot pursuit;
all day long they press their attack. 

My adversaries pursue me all day long;  

in their pride many are
attacking me. 

When I am afraid, I put my trust
in you. 
In God, whose word I praise---
in God I trust and am not afraid.
What can mere mortals do to me?

All day long they twist my words;
all their schemes are for my ruin. 
They conspire, they lurk, 
they watch my steps, 
hoping to take my life.
Because of their wickedness do let not let 
them escape.
in your anger, God, bring the nations 
down. 

Record my misery;
list my tears on your scroll--
are they not in your record?
Then my enemies will turn back
when I call for help. 
By this I will know that
God is for me. 

In God, whose word I praise, 
in the Lord, whose word I praise--
in God I trust and am not afraid. 
what can man do to me?

I am under vows to you, my God;
I will present my thank offerings 
to you. 

For you have delivered me from death,
and my feet from stumbling, 
that I may walk before God
in light of life. 


God has a way of keeping us on our knees. 

As I read the psalms I always like to remember that David trusted in God. He did not trust a friend. He did not trust his skills; but he trusted in God. 

Luke Chapter 2
THE BOY JESUS

Every year Jesus parents went to Jerusalem for the Festival of the Passover. When he was twelve years old, they went up to the festival, according to their custom. 

After the festival was over, while his parents were returning home, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem, but they were un-ware of it. Thinking he was in their company, they traveled on for a day. They then began looking for him among their relatives and friends. When they did not find him, they went back to Jerusalem to look for him. After three days they found him in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. 

Everyone who heard him was amazed at his understanding and his answers. When his parents saw him, they were astonished.

His mother said to him, Son why have  you treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you. 


Why were searching for me? He asked, Didn't you know I had to be in my Fathers house? 

But they did not understand what he was saying to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart. And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man. 

(She inquired of him because he was the son of God and throughout Matthew and now Luke we find a common theme (The Father in heaven takes first place) He practices this even as a little boy. His family was worried but he was in the temple learning, doing good things. The scriptures say Mary treasured these types of things in her heart. I can image her thinking what an amazing boy!)



Comments

Popular posts