April 27, 2020 Good Day!

Psalms 57

For the director of music. 

To the tune of "Do Not Destroy." A Psalm of David. 
A miktam. 
When he had fled from Saul into the Cave. 

Have mercy on me, my God, have
mercy on me, 
for in you I take refuge.
I will take refuge in the shadow of 
your wings. 
until the disaster has passed. 

I cry out to God Most High, 
To God, who vindicates me. 
He sends help from heaven and saves me, 
rebuking those who hotly pursue me---
God sends forth his love and 
his faithfulness.

I am in the midst of lions;
I am forced to dwell among ravenous 
beast---men whose teeth
are spears and arrows, 
whose tongues are sharp swords.

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
let your glory be over all the earth.

They spread a net for my feet--
I was bowed down in distress. 
They dug a pit in my path---
but they have fallen into it
themselves. 

My heart, O God is steadfast, 
my heart is steadfast;
I will sing and make music .
Awake, my soul
Awake, harpe and lyre!
I will awaken the dawn.

I will praise you,  Lord, among the Nations;
I will sing of you among the peoples.
For great is your love, reaching to the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the skies,
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens, 
let your glory be all over the earth. 

David sings to God. One way to stay encourage. In my dark moments I love to enjoy great music. It makes the heart merry. It takes the mind off the person or problem and it forces it on God. 


David is consistent! 
When a problem comes he prays. 
I see stability.
I see courage.
I see peace in his soul. 
I see God teaching him how to war!
It is not by might nor our strength but it is by his spirit. 
We have no power without God.
We need him.
We cannot fight spirits with our hands.
Wicked Spirits use people but the problem is evil.
When the enemy comes in like a flood it is God who deals with it.
We just wait for answers.
I believe David feared for his life but he stays consistent in his faith with God. 

He has his trust in God. He stands on righteousness his determination to do what is right in the midst of trouble. 

He takes on a humble position (the greatest war posture a man or woman can take against a enemy). The world may call you weak but God will call you strong. (It don't take much to follow our natural nature of fighting and strife but it takes help from God to refrain from doing what is natural) Getting down low to the ground admitting that we need God's mercy and his protection against wicked spirits. Jesus taught the disciples take the humble road because every high mountain will be brought down; and valley or low place will be exalted.  

David is known in history as a great man of God because of his great faith!




Luke 5
Jesus Calls his First Disciples

One day as Jesus was standing by the Lake of Gennesaret, and the people were crowding around him and listening to the word of God. He saw at the waters edge two boats, left there by the fishermen, who were washing their nets. He got into one of the boats, the one belonging to Simon, and asked him to put out a little from shore. Then he sat down and taught the people from the boat. 

When he finished speaking, he said to Simon, Pull out into the deep water, and let down the nets for a catch. 

Simon answered, Master, we've worked hard all night and haven't caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets. 

When they done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break. So they signaled their partners in the other boat to come and help them, and they came and filled both boats they were so full they began to sink. 

When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus knees and said, Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man! For he and his companions were astonished at the catch of fish they had taken, and so were James and John, the sons of Zebedee, Simon's partners. 

Then Jesus said to Simon, Don't be afraid; from now on you will fish for people. So they pulled their boats up on shore, left everything and followed him. 

The presence of God is powerful. In the Kings Presence we are humbled. These men left everything to follow Jesus. God touched their hearts and they followed his son. 




Have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts