June 29, 2020, Psalms 109, Revelation 10

Happy Monday! 
Psalms 109

My God, whom I praise, 
do not remain silent, 
for people who are wicked and deceitful
have opened their mouths against me; 
they have spoken against me with lying tongues. 
With words of hatred they surrounded me; 
they attack me without a cause. 
In return for my friendship they accuse me, 
but I am a man of prayer. 
They repay me evil for good, 
and hatred for my friendship.
Appoint someone evil to oppose my enemy; 
let an accuser stand at his right hand. 
When he tried, let him be found guilty 
and may his prayers condemn him. 
May his days be few; 
may another take his place of leadership.
May his children be fatherless 
and his wife a widow. May his children 
be wandering and beggars. 
may they be driven from their ruined homes. 
May a creditor seized all he has; 
may strangers plunder the fruits of his labor. 
May no  one extend kindness to him or take pity 
on his fatherless children. 
May his descendants be cut off, 
their names blotted out from the next generation. 
May the iniquity of his fathers be 
remembered before the Lord; 
may the sin of his mother never be blotted out. 
May their sins always remain before the Lord,
that he may blot out their name from the earth.
For he never thought of doing a kindness, 
but hounded to death the poor
and needy and the brokenhearted. 
He love to pronounce a curse-
may it come back on him. 
He found no pleasure in blessing-
may it be far from him. 
He wore cursing as his garment; 
it entered into his body like water, 
into his bones like oil. 
May it be like a cloak wrapped around him. 
May this be his payment to my accusers, 
 to those who speak evil of me. 
But you, Sovereign Lord, 
help me for your name's sake; 
out of the goodness of your love, 
deliver me. For I am poor and needy, 
and my heart is  wounded within me. 
I fade away like an evening shadow; 
I am shaken off like a locust. 
My knees give way from fasting, 
my body is thin and gaunt. 
I am an object of scorn to my accusers; 
when they see me, they shake their heads. 
Help me, Lord my God
save me according to your unfailing love. 
Let them know that it is your hand.
that you, Lord, have done it. 
While they curse, may you bless; 
may those who attack me be put to shame, 
but may your servant rejoice. 
May my accusers be clothed with disgrace 
and wrapped in shame as in a cloak. 
With my mouth I will greatly extol the Lord; 
In the great throng of worshipers I will praise him. 
For he stands at the right hand of the needy, 
to save their lives from those who would condemn them. 


My favorite parts of the passage; 

"Let them know that it is your hand.
that you, Lord, have done it." 

&  "In the great throng of worshipers I will praise him. 
For he stands at the right hand of the needy, 
to save their lives from those who would condemn them." 


Things we go through are not always good but in the midst of it God makes us aware of him. We talk to him. We pray to him. 

The good things affliction brings:
  1. An awaking to God.  
  2. Peace because he controls the affliction. 
  3. God knew the storm was coming and Jonah would be thrown overboard but the whale never hurt him. 



Revelation 10

Then I saw another angel mighty angel coming down from heaven he was robed in a cloud, with a rainbow above his head; his face was like the sun, and his legs were like fiery pillars. He was holding a little scroll, which lay open in his hand. He planted right foot on the sea and his left foot on the land, and he gave a loud shout like the roar of a lion. When he shouted , the voices of the seven thunders spoke. And when the seven thunders spoke, I was about to write; but I heard a voice from heaven say, seal up what the seven thunders have said and do not write it down. 

Then the angel I had seen standing on the sea and on the land raised his right hand to heaven. And he swore by him who lives forever and ever, who created the heavens and the earth and all that is in it, and the sea all that is in it, and said "There will be no more delay! But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he mentioned to his servants the prophets. 

Then the voice that I heard from heaven spoke to me once more: Go, take the scroll that lies open in the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the land. 

So I went to the angel and asked him to give me the little scroll. He said to me, Take it and eat it. It will turn your stomach sour, but in your mouth it will as sweet as hone. I took the little scroll from the angel's hand and ate it. It tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned sour. Then I was told, "you must prophesy again about many peoples, nations, languages and kings." 



Comments

Popular posts