July 22, 2020, Psalms 132


Hello Wednesday
Psalms 132

Lord, remember David
and all his self-denial. 

He swore an oath to the Lord, 
he made a vow to the mighty one of Jacob:

I will not enter my house 
or go to bed, I will allow no sleep to my eyes
or slumber to my eyelids, 
till I find a place for the Lord, 
a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob.

We heard it in Ephrathah.
we came upon it in the fields of Jaar:

Let us go to his dwelling place
let us worship at his footstool, 
saying, 
Arise, Lord, and come to your resting
place, 
you and the ark of your might. 

May your priest be clothed with your righteousness;
may your faithful people sing for joy. 

For the sake of your servant
David, 
do not reject your anointed one. 

The Lord swore an oath to David, 
a sure oath he will not revoke:
One of your own descendants 
I will place on your throne. 

If your sons keep my covenant
and the statues I teach them, 
then their sons will sit
on your throne for ever and ever. 

For the Lord has chosen Zion
he has declare it for his dwelling,
saying,
This is my resting place for ever and ever;
here I will enthrone, for I have desired it. 

I will bless her with abundant provisions;
her poor I will satisfy with food.
I will clothe her priests with salvation, 
and her faithful people will ever sing for joy. 

Here I will make a horn grow for 
David and set up a lamp for my anointed
one.I will clothe his enemies with shame, 
but his head will be adorned with a radiant crown. 




God is awesome!
Lots of times we overlook the splendor and wonders of God. It is amazing how God allowed Peter and John to be at the gate called beautiful while the beggar was there; and in that moment the crowd gets to see God heal the lame man. God is intentional and he sets things up. The book of Acts is fast pace. It moves quickly. It goes from one event into a speech and its so easy to overlook that God is moving his
 gospel; his opponents is going to work for his good. Think about it once they completely evangelized one area the opposition just moves them along to the next area. When they are imprison they are strengthening the truth of the gospel. The thing that we must pray for is that those he send out keep the faith. God is using all things for good. 
  1. the growing number of believers
  2. the believers support of each other
  3. How did the gospel spread to the gentiles
Oftentimes life is a distraction and I find myself focused on a goal not realizing I am putting too much into something that means nothing. I want to take the time during the day and thank God for the small things. This book is filled with the wonders of God. It is filled with his strategic hand. He even used persecution to spread the gospel. He used negative things to serve his purpose. He used devils for his purpose. We see the problem, we see the negative person but God always has a plan. He is always making it happen without us even understanding his plan until it begins to 
unfold. I really believe that even when the devil is at his best God is standing there willing and making things happen the way he wants them to happen. He is all knowing. He is all powerful. When evil works for you that's power. Of course God created all beings we think we are out smarting God but God is always above us. He is amazing!

Have a great day. 

Comments

Popular posts