July 28, 2020, Psalms 138, Acts cont....

Psalms 138

I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart;
before the "gods" I will sing your praise.
I will bow down toward your Holy temple
and will praise you name. 
for your unfailing love and your faithfulness, 
for you have so exalted your solemn decree
that it surpasses your fame. 
When I called, you answered me; 
you greatly emboldened me.
May all the kings of the earth praise you, Lord, 
when they hear what you have decreed. 
May they sing of the ways of the Lord, 
for the glory of the Lord is great.
Through the Lord is exalted, he looks
kindly on the lowly;
though lofty, he sees them from afar. 
Through I walk in the midst of trouble, 
you preserve my life.
You stretch out your hand against the 
anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me.
The Lord will vindicate me; 
 your love, Lord, endures forever-
do not abandon the works of your hands.

God loves singing...nothing to be ashamed about. Especially when you sing about God.



Acts cont....
Chapter 6
The Choosing of the Seven

In those days when the number of disciples was increasing, the hellenistic Jews among them complained against the Hebraic Jews because their widows were being overlooked in the daily distribution of food. So the twelve gathered all the disciples together and said, It would not be right for us to neglect  the ministry of the word of God in order to wait on tables. Brothers and sisters, choose seven men from among you who are known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will turn this responsibility over to them and will give our attention to prayer and the ministry of the word. This proposal pleased the whole group, they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, also Philip, Procorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas from Antioch, a convert to Judaism. They presented these men to the apostles, who prayed and laid their hands on them. 
So the word of God spread. The number of disciples in Jerusalem increased rapidly, and a large number of priests became obedient to the faith. 

They experienced rapid growth. 


Have a great day!




Comments

Popular posts