November 30, 2020

 The Alpha and Omega

The beginning and the End.

 We begin this bible study on the 1st of January. That was 330 something days ago. Today is November Monday 30, 2020 and we are approaching the last 30 days in the year. It is good to celebrate your small and big accomplishments over the year. Despite the things happening all around us I am thankful for what God has done and what he is going to do. I know there is a lot we can be thankful for. For example blessings are not always things. Sometimes it is a new relationship or wisdom. It could be as simple as knowing when to stay in a relationship and when to walk away from a toxic relationship. How hard is it to meet someone that shares your faith. So if the new year brought you have a new relationship. Rejoice. If you are leaving a bad relationship behind. Rejoice! 


Recap: I remember the first post this year!

January 01, 2020 blog posting. 

Happy New Year

It is 2020

Hopes for the New Year:

I hope your new year is filled with new blessings.

If you faced hard situations and problems in 2019.

I pray that this year you will find the wisdom or the courage you need to overcome it.

The point of overcoming is to embrace new growth.

If it bothered you last year; I hope this year you are not bothered by it. As noted, this year I doing something different. This is my first time venturing in this area. Just a little background about me. I am a positive writer who enjoys building and uplifting others up through positive words. Basically words that are favorable to your soul and inspire you. My writings are similar as it relates to building up others but they are unique because they have a positive message.

I have written a few books; and I hope you decide to check out one this year. I am a believer; and the bible is special to me; when life is shaky I run to my bible. 

I am not under an organization or getting paid to preach or to teach in the manner of which we are accustomed to but I like to describe myself as a believer who shares her faith. 

I do not mind having or seeking a tradition title within an religious organizations maybe in the distant future but I still want to share the tokens God has given me. My views are from the perspective of a believer. For example the bible uses titles. There is nothing wrong with a title it is just a way to describe something. For example instead of having an official title some people use their names. In the New Testament there are titles like Pharisee, or sadducee, Apostle, Prophet, Preacher but there are some people who are called by their name. For example Mary, Mary Magdalene, and Joseph.  I love the bible ( a sword) dividing between soul and spirit. 


January 1, 2020


We are going to start with Joshua.


Why do it?

1. It is an opportunity to read the bible.

2. It is nice to read and share with other believers.

3. We learn from one another.

4. After Jesus ascended into heaven; men and women have gathered in groups to study and pray.

5. We are stronger together. All christians share one common enemy.

6. We get to learn about God

8. incorporating new principles into our daily lives this year; personally I have goals to become a homeowner and I want to have God's wisdom and blessing as I journey through this year. 

9. Bible reading/study is pleasing to God. It will be Monday through Friday. I post at night to make available in the morning.

(I extended it to 7 days a week)



Joshua

Background

Moses is dead. God is moving the children of Israel in a new direction. They were in ONE place with Moses. Moses was the leader but he was not to take the children of Israel into the promised land. Once he died it was time to pack up and Go. So JOSHUA is given instructions by God. Picture yourself among the children of Israel. Joshua tells you, "Hey we are about to go into the promised land". Picture the joy. They were leaving slavery. They were coming out of the wilderness and it was time to go into the promised land. If you want look at the character of Moses that might be helpful before reading the first chapter. Just a quick note Moses was raised in Egypt. Egypt was about being under a dictator who believed that slavery was a good thing (he also represents someone who has an evil spirit). He was the Pharaoh. He was one man but he was able to enslave 400 men not including women and children. Moses was able to deliver them. God spoke and Moses went. to Deliver means to be rescued from something. God did not come down from heaven to help them. He sent his word. He gives instructions. Moses told Pharaoh, let my people go. Eventually Pharaoh did as he was told. But he was stubborn and it took him time to let go but he let them go. He was holding on to them for dear life. They had earned him wealth. They were his economic gain. He had no respect for them and he did not respect their God. He wanted them to serve him forever but God said no; the time had come for them to leave that place.


My Notes

1. God moves people as a unit; change affects everyone. 

2. It was about a people in bondage. Not one person enslaved. Some people worked in nice places others had a rough but they were all slaves and under his rule. 

3. God chooses a leader. He gives that person instructions

4. That person is going to take us somewhere. If we translate or think modern. 2020. A leader takes your mind somewhere. It may not be a physical place. For example some people gossip and lie. They take your mind to a dark place. Some people talk about God and life and they take you to faith places. As we listen to their words we begin to dream and see things a new. So if God is a spirit then we move in the spirit first. Everything begins with words. Words take us places. Preachers preach the word. So based upon the word and the leader that determines where you physically go.

5. We all should belong to a local church; I look forward to church this year. I am going to join a fellowship. As believers God speaks to us too but he has an order. Sadly the pandemic happened and in person fellowships were closed.

6. We have our personal lives but we are ONE body of believers. There are other believers all over the world. When the trumpet sounds. It does not say one person shall ascend but it says WE shall be caught up. So developing a group mindset. It is about the people not one person.

7. The bible tells us the wheat and the tares are together. There will be men and women in the fellowships who are not true believers.

Joshua 1

After the death of Moses the servant of the Lord, it came to pass that the Lord spoke to Joshua the son of Nun, Moses assistant saying, Moses my servant is dead. Now therefore, arise, go over this Jordan, you and all this people, to the land which i am giving to them-the children of Israel.


Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you, as I said to Moses. From the wilderness and this Lebanon as far as the great river, the River Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and to the Great Sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your territory.


No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life, as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you.


Be strong and of good courage, for to this people you shall divide as an inheritance the land which I swore to their fathers to give to them.


Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go.


This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall mediate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.


Have I not commanded you?


Be strong and of good courage; Do not be afraid, not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.


Then Joshua commanded the officers of the people saying, "Prepare provisions for yourselves for within three days you will cross over this Jordan, to go in to possess the land which the Lord your God is giving you to possess.


And to the Reubenites, the Gadites, and half the tribe of Manasseh Joshua spoke, saying,


Remember the word which Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you, saying, The Lord your God is giving you rest and is giving you this land.


Your wives, your little ones, and your livestock shall remain in the land which Moses gave you on this side of the Jordan. But you shall pass before your brethren armed, all your mighty men of valor, and help them, until the Lord have given your brethren rest, as he give you, and they also have taken possession to the land which the Lord your God is giving them.


Then you shall return to the land of your possession and enjoy it, which Moses the Lords servant gave you on this side of the Jordan toward the sunrise.


So they answered Joshua, saying, "All that you command us we will do, and wherever you send us we will go.


Just as we heeded Moses in all things, so we will heed you. Only the Lord your God be with you, as he was with Moses.


Whoever rebels against your command and does not heed your words, in all that you command him, shall be put to death.


Only be strong and of courage.



 January 2020!

This year our bible study has engaged about 4,000 people online. This is my first bible study and my expectation was ten people. Even if we subtract common computer error on average people engaged this blog 3,000 times. There is only 365 days in a year. We have some readers from Europe, Africa, and Germany, and of course the United States. I am happy to have done this bible study. 

As we complete the last month of the year! I want you to have a joyful holiday. I have not received monetary gain but I will say God took good care of me this year. I really believe he employs and he is faithful to pay you back. 



Current Reading: Jeremiah 20

The Word of God to Pashhur

 Now Pashhur the son of Immer, the priest who was also chief governor in the house of the Lord, heard that Jeremiah prophesied these things. Then Pashhur struck Jeremiah the prophet, and put him in the stocks that were in the high gate of Benjamin, which was by the house of the Lord.





 And it happened on the next day that Pashhur brought Jeremiah out of the stocks. Then Jeremiah said to him, “The Lord has not called your name Pashhur, but Magor-Missabib. 

 For thus says the Lord: ‘Behold, I will make you a terror to yourself and to all your friends; and they shall fall by the sword of their enemies, and your eyes shall see it. I will give all Judah into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall carry them captive to Babylon and slay them with the sword. Moreover I will deliver all the wealth of this city, all its produce, and all its precious things; all the treasures of the kings of Judah I will give into the hand of their enemies, who will plunder them, seize them, and carry them to Babylon.  And you, Pashhur, and all who dwell in your house, shall go into captivity. You shall go to Babylon, and there you shall die, and be buried there, you and all your friends, to whom you have prophesied lies.’ ”


Jeremiah’s Unpopular Ministry

Jeremiah Talks to the Lord

 O Lord, You induced me, and I was persuaded;

Jeremiah says God induced him and lead him by persuasion or influence to speak his word. He encouraged him. He puts the desire in a person.

You are stronger than I, and have prevailed.

I am in derision daily;

He tells God you are prevailing, you are strong. You get what you want but I am in derision daily: ridicule; mockery: an object of ridicule.

The enemy loves mocking God's people. 

It's like being caught between a rock and hard a place.

Everyone mocks me.

 For when I spoke, I cried out;

I shouted, “Violence and plunder!”

Because the word of the Lord was made to me

A reproach and a derision daily.

 Then I said, “I will not make mention of Him,

Nor speak anymore in His name.”

Jeremiah is speaking to God but it reads like he made this choice within his thoughts. I will not mention God anymore. He blames God for being mocked and reproached daily.

But His word was in my heart like a burning fire

Shut up in my bones;

I was weary of holding it back,

And I could not.

Jeremiah compares the word of God in his heart like a burning fire and it is shut up in his bones. When he stops speaking he feels it on the inside. He finds relief when he speak the word of the Lord. Where might this feeling come from. I would argue God himself. He moves Jeremiah and after he gets done speaking the people go to work on him. He has God on one side and reproach afterwards. His obedience wins him favor with God and reproach with man. 

For I heard many mocking:

“Fear on every side!”

“Report,” they say, “and we will report it!”

All my acquaintances watched for my stumbling, saying,

“Perhaps he can be induced;

Then we will prevail against him,

And we will take our revenge on him.”


But the Lord is with me as a mighty, awesome One.

Therefore my persecutors will stumble, and will not prevail.

They will be greatly ashamed, for they will not prosper.

Their everlasting confusion will never be forgotten.

But, O Lord of hosts,

You who test the righteous,

And see the mind and heart,

Let me see Your vengeance on them;

For I have pleaded my cause before You.


Sing to the Lord! Praise the Lord!

For He has delivered the life of the poor

From the hand of evildoers.


Cursed be the day in which I was born!

Let the day not be blessed in which my mother bore me!

 Let the man be cursed

Who brought news to my father, saying,

“A male child has been born to you!”

Making him very glad.

 And let that man be like the cities

Which the Lord overthrew, and did not relent;

Let him hear the cry in the morning

And the shouting at noon,

 Because he did not kill me from the womb,

That my mother might have been my grave,

And her womb always enlarged with me.

Why did I come forth from the womb to see labor and sorrow,

That my days should be consumed with shame?

He longs for happy days instead of shame!

1. Lord I have to labor.

2. Lord I am experiencing shame.

 God does not respond.

1. Lord they laugh at me.

2. Lord they mock me.

3. Lord look upon me.

God cares but I think he wants us to be stronger than people mocking us. It is not a fun to experience but people should not determine how you feel all the time. 


Have a great day!


Comments

Popular posts