January 29, 2021

 Topic: 

Praise and Prayer 

There is a million things to be thankful for. The world is filled with trouble and unrest. Lord we are in the midst of: 

  • A deadly pandemic (variants)
  • We need Medicine breakthroughs (Help for the doctors) 
  • Travel restrictions (we are separated from each other)
  • Regular Crime and problems
  • Regular deaths of Old age and those uncommon
  • Closed Churches
  • Closed Schools
  • The mind of those in darkness
Is God going to change the world? What is the world?

Jn 17: 15

New International Version

The Lord's Prayer to the Father concerning his sheep.

My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.

New Living Translation

I’m not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one.

English Standard Version

I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one.

Berean Study Bible

I am not asking that You take them out of the world, but that You keep them from the evil one.

The Evil one is at work. Jesus has already told us what is to come. We have witness some very troubling things on the earth. However Jesus promises to keep us while we are in the world; and he promises he is preparing a place for us. The most important thing today is to make sure that we have a place in him. This is not the time to be petty and fighting it is the time to look into the soul and pray that we be counted worthy to escape the judgments on the earth. Its a pure heart that God looks upon. He called David a Man after his own heart. It is with the heart that we seek God. 

Mk 9:29

New International Version

He replied, "This kind can come out only by prayer."


New Living Translation

Jesus replied, “This kind can be cast out only by prayer.”


English Standard Version

And he said to them, “This kind cannot be driven out by anything but prayer.”


Berean Study Bible

Jesus answered, “This kind cannot come out, except by prayer.”

There are things that can only be cast out by prayer and fasting. We are not call to judge people and prayer is personal but God gives you the full rights and authority to expel evil spirits. This kind come out only by prayer. When teaching, and preaching, and psychology fails prayer never fails. 

Mk 11:24

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.


New Living Translation

I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours.


English Standard Version

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.


Berean Study Bible

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.


Berean Literal Bible

Because of this I say to you, all things whatever praying, you also ask, believe that you receive, and it will be to you.


God never lies. Whatever you ask when you pray you will receive. However I want to us to always understand what is happening in our world. We have so many old testament books to understand the times. Its hard to pray to change the world but I like that Jesus said; Lord I ask that you keep them from the evil one. Sometimes things in the world is following prophecy written and we cannot undo God and his timing but we can put our trust in him. We cannot take prayer as tool to control the world but it is for us and it is personal. It is for you. It is for those around you. It is about us coming together to  pray for those in need. Ask a friend to pray with you. Learn from each other. Practice prayer. Practice focusing your mind (set your affections on him) and I promise you will find him. 

Praise 

Thank you Lord for keeping us while we are in the world. My eyes filled with tears when I look around me; but I am so grateful that I still see your hand. I still see evidence that you are with us. I am so grateful that you see us in the midst of uncertainty. I thankyou for your leading and guiding us in the dark and when its light. I praise you for who you are I thank you that you have kept us in the world. 


Have a great day!



Comments

Popular posts