March 28, 2021

 Topic: Prayer and Praise

Happy Sunday

Praise 

PS 8:2

Through the praise of children and infants you have established a stronghold against your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger. When I consider your heavens the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them. You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor. You made them rulers over the works of your hands; you put every thing under their feet: all flocks and herds, and the animals of the wild, the birds in the sky, and the fish in the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas. 

16:7

I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. 

26:7

Proclaiming aloud your praise and telling of all your wonderful deeds. Lord, I love the house where you live, the place where your glory dwells. 



Secure

The times we live in have allowed us to see injustice, social injustice, and violence. These things are a challenge because our desire is to see them changed but as the time race forward never allow the world to remove your foundation (your core beliefs). The times will continue to change and the world will adapt what they call new things but it is important to hang on to your foundation. It kind of reminds me of my college days and the big thing on campus or happening was atheism (atheism is the doctrine or belief that there is no God and the disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings. Somewhere along the way of my freshman year many of friends were challenging the bible wondering is God really real. Why did this happen? Or why does this injustice happens? In summary Lots of high school graduates left home and decided they were too smart to believe in God. I remember being challenge and question by people who wanted me to pick their ideologies and I said no thank you just because of my experience, and I confessed to God and myself.... Lord I believe because you have done too much for me. I have call upon him and he has answer me. There was no way I could explain why things are happening the way they happen but when you hear his voice you can never deny him. I realize that some of those young people had been taken to church but they did not have a person interaction with God and so it was easy for them to be lead away but for others our experience is real. Don't give up on prayer because we see what is happening in the news. Just remember people make choices. We cannot change the world but I know God has kept you and your family safe during these troubling time. The bible never tells us that the world will come to a perfect place. When we read revelations we see the plagues and judgements and we see the Lord among the seven church's.  In times like these we must pray and praise which identifies our faith. It is the fact that in these troubled times we have faith in God. Read your bible stories and remember all the good things he has done for you. Keep God at the front of your mind just like college there will be people, the times, and new things that want to disrupt your foundation. 

THIS TREE HAS STRONG ROOTS. OUR ROOTS IS OUR CORE BELIEFS. THIS TREE WILL EXPERINCE YEARS AND FOUR SEASONS EVERY YEAR. IN THE SUMMER IT WILL BE HOT AND UNCOMFORTABLE AND INTHE WINTER IT WILL SHED ITS LEAVES AND THEN AT TIMES IT WILL BE FRUIT. BUT NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS ITS ROOTS STAY IN THE GROUND. NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS ABOVE THE SOIL THIS TREE WILL RECOVER. IF SOMEONE PRUNES IT IT WILL GROW AGAIN AND THIS TIME EVEN STRONGER THAN IT WAS THE FRIST TIME. IF WINTER COME IT WILL ADJUST ITSELF. BUT ONE THING THAT IS UNTOUCHABLE AND UNMOVABLE IS ITS ROOTS THAT IS WHAT MAKES IT WHAT IT IS.

THIS TREE LOOKS ROUGH ON THE OUTSIDE AND ITS ROOTS CANNOT SUPPORT IT BECAUSE THEY ARE ROTTING. ITS LEAVES WILL SOON WITHERS BECAUSE IT WAS NOT PLANTED AND GROUNDED DEEP ENOUGH. THIS PLANT NEEDS NEW SOIL AND LOTS OF CARE. IF IT GOES UNCARED FOR WE KNOW EVENTUALLY IT DIES. 
Have a wonderful Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts