April 25, 2021

 Topic: Prayer and Praise

Ps 135:20

House of Levi, praise the Lord; you who fear him, praise the Lord.

Ps 138:1

I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; before the gods, I will sing your praise.

Our commandments. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and the second is liken to it. Love your neighbor as you love yourself. In this scripture David says I will praise you with all my heart. It simply means sincerely and honestly. Have you ever said something with an motive to do something other than what you said. So with all your heart simply means you mean it. There is no alternative motive. 

Ps 139:14

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made, I know that full well. 

The writer praises God because he knows that God made him uniquely who he is. He made him for his purpose. How awesome is that? It sure brings a smile to my face. 


Ps 144:1

Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. 

We have problems and there is evil on this earth but God is faithful to aid us and help us overcome the enemy.




A Beautiful depiction of God. 

1. A stronghold

2. A fortress

3. A deliverer

4. A shield

5. Refuge


Image of a fortress

Praise God because he is a place of safety and a refuge from problems on this earth. It would be nice if there were no problems on the earth but the reality is there are lots of problems but God is a safe place we can go.  In this picture we can see no enemy is getting through this. I can see the people on the other side resting peacefully because they are shielded from life's storms. 


Have a Wonderful Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts