September 06, 2021

Topic: Prayer and Praise

Happy Labor

Thank you God for all the wonderful things you do. 

I wanted to share a little about my background and experience. I have been reading and writing since I was a young girl. My family always saw me with a book up to my face. Back then it was the baby sitter club, and love novels. I love, love stories. I use to love to check out 10 books at the library and read them in a week. My library card was my heart. My mom could not buy me lots of books but I walk with my bag every week.  I went on to become apart of a junior honor society because of my high test scores in reading and math. Just like other teens High School was tough in my city, and  I let my grades slip as I decided that being cool was better than my books. But I made it through. I left home at age 18 and join the United States Army. I needed to explore and I was unsure of what my future would be. I needed to leave home to find me. My father was not present in my life and my mother didn't want me to leave but I packed everything and flew out. I was able to travel and meet awesome people. I went on to attend college at Morehead State University; and I settled down for a few years in Kentucky. I audition for Morehead State University BFA program and out of a vast amount of students I was accepted. In the program we learned about creative writing and play writing and just about every type of writing. I wrote several plays in college. Early mornings was filled with bible reading. Yes. I studied the entire Bible every year of college. I love to listen to people who could explain hard things easily. I accepted Jesus Christ during college. After grading with my BA in English; a degree that focuses on Writing/publishing. I decided to make creative writing my minor. I was not sure about a career in writing but English lead me to the field of Education. I was also inspired by my professors who were published authors to seek out self publishing. I have published and I loved the experience. I plan on publishing childrens books in the future. I went on to grad school. I went to a Christian University and I began to take bible courses. Naturally I turned into a Christian writer. I wanted to share this because sometimes people may assume they know you or understand you and some times they are wrong. I don't write to receive honor or praise from men. I write because I love to write. I am from from perfect and there is nothing that can stop me from reading and enjoying my bible. I don't allow my bad or my good to drive me but I let my passion drive me. Writing has been in my life for years. I just married the two. My goal is to share and do what I love to do. My life is filled with books, research, and writing. When God opens my mind to new things. I want to share it. For some who may wonder why do you do it. It is simple. It is my understanding, God, and a love for reading and writing. I am currently reading the illustrated bible and it is awesome. I share my post with short topics from my current reading. 


Have an awesome day!

Comments

Popular posts