November 07, 2021

 Topic: Prayer and Praise

Happy Sunday

We pray and praise God while we have an understanding of our honorable agreement with God. 

The Old covenant was made when the children of Israel left Egypt?

Exodus 19:3-8

He made this covenant when he took their Fathers out of the Land of Egypt.

God said, 

"Now therefore,  if ye obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people; for all the earth is mine: and ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and a holy nation. 

Verse 5 & 6

  • heed his voice
  • keep the covenant
In the old testament the people's response was "All that the Lord hath spoken we will do. 

Old and New Covenant

What is the base or the basis of the covenant?

If God is going to be our God and we are his people what is his idea of what his people will be like on the earth. 

Before I cont....
I want to say that a lot of Christians need God to continue to work on them, I must myself included, we may not resemble his perfect will but we are daily being cleansed, and transformed into the image of Jesus Christ. 

Both the old and new covenant are based upon the ten commandments and God wrote them upon two stone tablets. Exodus 24:8

Obedience to the ten commandments was the condition under the old covenant upon which God gave the people the promises. 
  • When you obeyed you experienced the good things of God.
  • If you failed to obey you would not experience the promises of God.
Obedience to his laws and percepts is the basis of the new covenant but something changes.......
  • God says after those days, said the Lord, I will put my laws into their mind, and I will write them on their hearts; and I  will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people.  
Of course that is just the opening of the door; Paul said the law is my teacher. Once you accept the faults in our nature we go on to have God do this great work on the inside of a man or woman. The law brings you to God and it is in our failure that he gives us his spirit to live life his way.





Have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts