December 28, 2021

 Topic: Prayer and Praise

A Poem


We know not the time when he cometh, 

at even, or midnight, or mourn; 

It may be at deepening twilight;

It may be at earliest dawn.

He bids us to watch and be ready, 

Nor suffer our light to grow dim, 

Then when he shall come, He may  find us 

all waiting and watching for him.

I think of his wonderful pity,

the price of our salvation hath cost;

He left the bright mansions of glory

 To suffer and die for the Lost.

And sometimes I think it will please him,

when those whom he died to redeem

Rejoice in the hope of his coming

By waiting and watching for him. 

O Jesus, my loving Redeemer,

Thou knowest I cherish as dear

The hope that mine eyes shall behold thee, 

That I shall my own welcome to hear!

If to some as a judge thou appearest, 

Who forth thy presence would flee, 

A friend most beloved I'll greet thee

I'm waiting and watching for Thee.



Written by S.M.H

Bible Readings for the Home

Comments

Popular posts