January 23, 2022

 God with Us

Happy Sunday!

Psalms 23 

A Sweet Psalm about renewing the soul after the Rain. This week: The King James Version. 


3 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.


2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.


3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.


4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.


5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.


6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.


Dwelling in his house.

God leads us to stillness and beautiful quiet waters. 

No storms or raging winds but still and quiet waters.

The Christian life is not always filled with trouble, tears, and hurt. But when we go through he does not leave us devasted and afflicted. After those moments he is faithful to recharge the soul. He builds it up. He charges it back up and My personal thoughts (it is better and can last longer) 

1. He makes me to lie down in green pastures (rest)

2. He leadeth me beside the still water (peace)

3. He restoreth my soul (he gives back what was lost or broken)

4. He leadeth me in path of righteousness (he teaches us)


MATTHEW 12 cont...

God is with Us

And he teaches us principles things to remember in life. Things to keep so we don't get confused in this life.

Either make the tree good, and its fruit good, or else make the tree corrupt, and the fruit corrupt, for the tree is known by its fruit.

O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things?

Out of the heart the mouth speaks.

Jesus uses trees and their fruit to describe people and the condition of the heart.

We know a bad person can never speak good things. 

We know a good person cannot speak bad things.

It is all about the heart. If you are capable of speaking evil it is simply because the heart is evil. We can speak what is in heart. 

Bad words do hurt but this passage makes me think about how important it to think about handling words differently. For example instead of getting emotional and angry. I desire to pray more for people that speak rash and hurtful words. The passage says they are corrupt. They have just revealed their soul condition. Secondly how can they say good things when its not possible for them to do it. Recently there was a politician who had a slip of us words against African Americans. The reality is his could not hide what was really in soul. He carries a dislike for African Americans. If he did not those words would not have come out of mouth. But the traveled from his heart (spirit) to his mouth. Words come from the inside.

Have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts