February 11, 2022

God With Us

He sticks closer than a brother. What a great friend we have in Jesus!

Happy Friday

BOOK II

Psalms 42–72

For the director of music. A maskil of the Sons of Korah.
1 As the deer pants for streams of water,
    so my soul pants for you, my God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
    When can I go and meet with God?
3 My tears have been my food
    day and night,
while people say to me all day long,
    “Where is your God?”
4 These things I remember
    as I pour out my soul:
how I used to go to the house of God
    under the protection of the Mighty One
with shouts of joy and praise
    among the festive throng.

5 Why, my soul, are you downcast?
    Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
    for I will yet praise him,
    my Savior and my God.

6 My soul is downcast within me;
    therefore I will remember you
from the land of the Jordan,
    the heights of Hermon—from Mount Mizar.
7 Deep calls to deep
    in the roar of your waterfalls;
all your waves and breakers
    have swept over me.

8 By day the Lord directs his love,
    at night his song is with me—
    a prayer to the God of my life.

9 I say to God my Rock,
    “Why have you forgotten me?
Why must I go about mourning,
    oppressed by the enemy?”
10 My bones suffer mortal agony
    as my foes taunt me,
saying to me all day long,
    “Where is your God?”

11 Why, my soul, are you downcast?
    Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
    for I will yet praise him,
    My savior my God

Life without God
Have you ever felt a distance between you and God? Or felt like he was far away from you? Have you felt a longing in the soul for him? Just like the psalmist says, it feels like mortal agony. Just like him we find things topsy turvy and without God life is bleak and empty. I love how he ends the writing; he says to himself put your hope in God.

Have HOPE in God because....

Life without God is hopeless.

God is the reason why we can be positive. We can feel positive in the midst of negative people or negative situations because we know that whatever it is; it will work in your favor. It may not be fixed or the way we want it, but all things will work out for your good just because you love God, and he loves you. 

Mark cont...

But when some of the teachers of religious law who were Pharisees saw him eating with people like that (sinners) they said to the disciples, "Why does he eat with such scum"?


 ***Joke***

Phari-SEES ---man they could see everything. 
But they never SEE things the right way.
They always SEE things in an evil unrighteous way.
They love to watch the Lord. 
but the Lord never complains but he always explains to them...............
He has mercy on them. He does not tell them Go mind your business. Their business was to question him.... When you do right....wrong just seems to show up.


"Healthy people don't need a doctor--sick people do. I have come to call sinners, not those who think they are already good enough."

Have a great Friday! 

Comments

Popular posts