February 23, 2022

 God with Us

Gleeful Wednesday!

Psalm 56

King James Version

56 Be merciful unto me, O God: for man would swallow me up; his fighting daily oppresseth me.


2 Mine enemies would daily swallow me up: for they be many that fight against me, O thou most High.


3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.


4 In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.


5 Every day they wrest my words: all their thoughts are against me for evil.


6 They gather themselves together, they hide themselves, they mark my steps, when they wait for my soul.


7 Shall they escape by iniquity? in thine anger cast down the people, O God.


8 Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?


9 When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me.


10 In God will I praise his word: in the Lord will I praise his word.


11 In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.


12 Thy vows are upon me, O God: I will render praises unto thee.


13 For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?


Mark Cont....

The Transfiguration

God invites Common Men to See Uncommon Things

After six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John with him and led them up a high mountain, where they were all alone. There he was transfigured before them. His clothes became dazzling white, whiter than anyone in the world could bleach them. And there appeared before them Elijah and Moses, who were talking with Jesus. 

Peter said to Jesus, Rabbi, it is good for us to be here. 

Let us put up three shelters-one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah. 

But a voice from heaven came from a cloud; "This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!"

Suddenly when they looked around, they no longer saw anyone with them except Jesus. 


I love how Jesus talked with Elijah and Moses. They stood on a high mountain with God. They were not at his feet. But they were dressed in white and standing alongside God himself. It is a joining of God and Man. A fellowship that is obtainable. But even as man dwells with God; the heavens declare that we need to listen to the Son instead of being impulsive. We do not know what to do but he does but he calls his friends. Even though he is in charge. His shares his missions with us. 

How beautiful is that?


Have a great day!



Comments

Popular posts