Poetry



  Deliver My Soul 

- Poem by King David of Israel


Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation.
 Hearken unto the voice of my cry,
my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.
My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD;
in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness:
neither shall evil dwell with thee.
The foolish shall not stand in thy sight:
thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
 Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing:
the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.
But as for me, I will come into thy house
in the multitude of thy mercy:
and in thy fear will I worship
toward thy holy temple.
Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness
because of mine enemies;
make thy way straight before my face.
For there is no faithfulness in their mouth;
their inward part is very wickedness;
their throat is an open sepulchre;
they flatter with their tongue.



The King James Version of the bible
Psalms  6


David's Stand

His thoughts in his Poetry

I will sing of God's merciful justice, Psalm 101:1
I seek to live blamelessly, Psalm 101:2
I refuse to view immorality, Psalm 101:3
I block polluted thinking, Psalm 101:4
I end the friendship of slanderers, Psalm 101:5
I keep company with faithful people, Psalm 101:6
I only allow honest people to be at my house, Psalm 101:7
I start each day by ridding the town of evildoers, Psalm 101:8


Sources Used
http://www.preparingforeternity.org/psalms4/psalm_101.shtml


Psalm 115 King James Version (KJV)

 Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake.
 Wherefore should the heathen say, Where is now their God?
 But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.
Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.  They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not:
 They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not:
They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat.
They that make them are like unto them; so is every one that trusteth in them.
 O Israel, trust thou in the Lord: he is their help and their shield.
 O house of Aaron, trust in the Lord: he is their help and their shield.
 Ye that fear the Lord, trust in the Lord: he is their help and their shield.
 The Lord hath been mindful of us: he will bless us; he will bless the house of Israel; he will bless the house of Aaron.
 He will bless them that fear the Lord, both small and great.
 The Lord shall increase you more and more, you and your children.
 Ye are blessed of the Lord which made heaven and earth.
 The heaven, even the heavens, are the Lord's: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.
 The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence.
But we will bless the Lord from this time forth and for evermore. Praise the Lord.


Comments

Popular posts