March 27, 2020

Good morning ☕
I want to offer well wishes to those affected by COVID-19. Its really devastating to hear the news reports. I send well wishes, love, and peace to the people hospitalized. The prayers of the righteous have much affect. God has given us authority and as it is written whatsoever we bind on earth is bound in heaven; and whatsoever we loose on earth is loose in heaven. 


The Psalms
David inquires of the Lord!
David seeks the Lord!



Psalms 26

Vindicate me, O Lord, for I have walked in my integrity: I have [expectantly] trusted in, leaned on, and relied on the Lord without wavering and I shall not slide.
2. Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; test my heart and my mind.
3. For your loving-kindness is before my eyes, and I have walked in your truth [faithfully].
4. I do not sit with false persons, nor fellowship with pretenders;
5. I hate the company of evildoers and will not sit with the wicked.
6. I will wash my hands in innocence, and go about your altar, O Lord.
7. That I may make the voice of thanksgiving heard and may tell of your wondrous works.
8. Lord, I love the habitation of your house, and the place where your glory dwells.
9. Gather me not with sinners and sweep me not away [with them], nor my life with bloodthirsty men,
10. In whose hands is wickedness, and their right hand are full of bribes.
11. But as for me, I will walk in my integrity; redeem me and be merciful and gracious to me.
12. My foot stands on an even place; in the congregations will I bless the Lord.


John The Baptist Prepares The Way......
The Forerunner

 John the baptist the people with water baptisms. God called John a Great prophet. John told the people....The Son of God is on the way; and I have come to prepare the way.  At that time people trusted in John and they  accepted him as a man representing God. How awesome is that... Jesus is so amazing he had a forerunner and under John lots of people repented of their sins. 


Faith 
(The Holy Spirit is working even when you do not see it) 
Have faith in God. 

A great example of faith and works in passage one...  is when the angel warns Joseph. The angel said get up and take the child and the mother to Egypt because King Herod wants to destroy them. 
The Psalms teaches us that the word of God warns, instructs, and guides us. 

This maybe silly but.....if he speaks ..  ...you have been blessed. For example:

1. Marching around the city of Jericho ( a little weird but they did it)
2. Filling the pitchers with water (it turned into wine)
3. He blessed the food (it fed five thousand)

Its silly things to us but  its  (the obeying part). 


Jesus Encountered Common Issues 
1. People think Jesus had no problems (or if you walk with God you will have no problems or issues). But the Lord had similar normal issues. He just responded properly. For example, 
right after his birth Herod wanted to Kill Jesus. Some Religious leaders questioned his identity. Some called him evil. John Baptist questioned him. He believed and relied on his Father. Secondly, he came to destroy the works of the devil. 
Lastly  He had a natural father but his Father was in heaven. It was similar to what we would called a step father. If your situation is not the perfect family its okay. I pray that your natural father leads you to your Heavenly Father. It is God's will. Statistics show kids do better with both parents but some have to rely on the heavenly Father.



CHAPTER 3 1-11
John Is Preparing The Way In those days there appeared John the Baptist, preaching in the Wilderness (desert) of Judea. 
2. And saying Repent (think differently; change your mind, regretting your sins and changing your conduct), for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
3. This is he who was mentioned by the prophet Isaiah when he said, The voice of one crying in the wilderness (shouting in the desert), prepare the road for the Lord, make his highways straight (level, direct). 
4. This same John's garment were made of camel's hair, and he wore a leather girdle about his waist; and his food was locusts, and wild honey. 
5. Then Jerusalem and all Judea and all the country round about the Jordan went out to him; 
6. And they were baptized in the Jordan by him, confessing their sins.
7. But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming for baptism, he said to them, you brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee and escape the wrath and indignation of God against disobedience that is coming?
8. Bring forth fruit that is consistent with repentance [let your lives prove your change of heart].
9. And do not presume to say to yourselves, we have Abraham for our forefather; for I tell you, God is able to raise up descendants for Abraham from these stones!
10. And already the ax is lying at the root of the trees; every tree therefore that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
11. I indeed baptize you in water because of repentance [that is, because of your changing your minds for the better, heartily amending your ways, with abhorrence of your past sins!] But he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy or fit to take off or carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. 

Have a great day!



Comments

Popular posts