January 22, 2021

 Topic: Prayer and Praise

God answers Prayer

1 Pe 3:12

For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.

God hears and answers the prayers of the righteous. The wicked can pray but God does not hear their prayer and he turns his face away from those who do evil. This scripture says he turns his face away from the wicked. He does not listen to it. I can only image that the wicked are praying for wrong things. How  do we know? They are wicked. The righteous will pray for God's will and thankfully his ears will be attentive. It says his eyes are on the righteous. He sees you. If you do what is righteous God will hear you. 


Jas 5:15

And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well, the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. 

We confess to each other in order to pray for each other. We should never treat others confessions as a open door to talk about the person or tell them what we think about their problem but it is an opportunity to pray for them. They are struggling. I have never seen gossip help anybody but if you pray for them I believe God can help them and help them make it through the tough time. In my tough times it is hard for me to pray for myself but I love when I can call on a friend and they say let me pray for you. It fuels me. It reminds me. It picks me up. 

1 Ti 4:5
For everything God created is good, and nothing is rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer. 

Being Helpful!
  • Talking about them does not help circumstances; it does provide something to talk about.
  • Ignoring problems does not make them disappear; it does remove them from our thoughts
  • But prayer does work.


Praise 
Dt 10:21

He is the one you praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes. 

Have a great day!




Comments

Popular posts