Febuary 01, 2021

 Topic: Prayer and Praise

Happy Monday

The Month of February has a love theme. 

December is Christmas

January is the New Year

February is Love

13 days to buy and show the one love how much you love them.

Single people can themselves a gift. 

Some fathers buy their young daughters gifts. 

Gifts are not just for women and gifts can be a range of things. When we speak of love we can never get away from the model or the true definition of love. 

Real Love = agape Love

 “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” (Matthew 22:37-40).

What does it mean?

I always hear people criticized Christians when we encounter problems. The expectation is we are suppose to overlook everything and be a door mat. I want to say that is far from the truth. When it comes to love the best example is Jesus and the Pharisees. I am using them as an example because they were his greatest critics. They were called his opponents. How did he relate to them? Well He spoke the truth of the word to them. He did not hesitate to be honest with them but he never punished them. He never demean them or mistreated them. At one  point in the scriptures he tells them you don't know me or my Father because if you knew my Father you would know me. Love is honest. Love is not allowing someone to abuse or mis-use you. But love is in the way you handle your opponent or your enemy. God tells us that we naturally love those that love us so it is how we treat those that we call our enemies. And loving them is not being a victim to them. Be firm, honest, and respectful but never a victim because they are your enemies but you can treat them with  decency. Then there are people whom are not saved. We should never become so religious (or thinking we are holy) that we cannot relate to sinners. Is it possible to think that you are so great that you are above other men and women. Or you are the only one God speaks too. As if you have a throne. We should never love ourselves like that. There are so many examples but this month is a month of a love so love like Jesus. When you surrendered and asked him to save you he did. He did not turn you away. When his enemies challenged his identity he spoke with fire and love. I am.................the son of God. Don't back down from the truth when the devil speaks lies but be firm.  I am ...........

Prayer

Philippians 4:6 

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.


Mark 11:24 

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.


Praise

God I thank you for being an example of Love. If I fall short help me to recover. When I am challenged help me to speak the truth without hesitation. When I am rejected because of who I am in you help me to shake the dust of my feet and move on (without anger or resentment). God help me to love as  you love. Nothing less and nothing more. 



Comments

Popular posts