August 22, 2021

 Topic: Prayer and Praise

Happy Sunday

Jacob's relationship with Laban changes and he heads back to the land of his father. He knows he has to meet up with Esau.  

He prays to God: 

"Then Jacob prayed, "O God of my father Abraham, God of my Father Isaac, O Lord, who said to me, 'Go back to your country and your relatives, and I will make you prosper, "I am unworthy of all the kindness and faithfulness you have shown your servant. I had only my staff when I crossed the Jordan, but now I have become tow groups. Save me, I pray, from the hand of my brother Esau, for I am afraid he will come and attack me, and also the mothers with their children. But you have said, ' I will surely make you prosper and will make your descendants like the sand of the sea, which cannot be counted." 



Thanks to God for all the ways he uses life, people, and situations to fulfill his purpose. Jacob does not have a clue what God is doing and most of us don't either. God is in control. Jacob knows that God tells him to go back to his Fathers land. He knows that Esau is angry with him but God has already made plans but still Jacob prays according to the knowledge that he has. He prays for safety from his Esau. I don't think God would send him back into harms way. He just prays to be safe. 


Have a great day!



Comments

Popular posts