January 27, 2022

 God with Us

Happy Thursday

Psalms 27

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?


2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.


3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.


4 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.


5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.


6 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.


7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.


8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.


9 Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.


10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.


11 Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.


12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.


13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.


14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.


Trouble Returned for David

It is just a normal thing for all of us to  think in similar ways (humanity). For example if something unpleasant takes place we begin to think or feel like we have brought it upon ourselves. 

We have other moments when he restores our souls. Then we feel blessed and highly favored and enemy shows up again and we cry out to God. AGAIN. 

On the other hand with each experience David gets promoted and grows stronger. He gets bigger and bigger or we could say deeper and more rooted in God. 

 MATTHEW 13

He told them another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.

He told them still another parable:

"The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that a woman took and mixed into about sixty pounds of flour until it was worked all through the dough. 

Jesus spoke all these things to the crowd in parables; he did not say anything to them without using a parable. So it was fulfilled what was spoken through the prophet: 

"I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter things hidden since the creation of the world.


He spoke to the crowds in this manner. (those at a distance; those listening to him from a far)

Those who draw near to him hear the hidden things those at distance he speaks to differently. 

Have a great day!


Comments

Popular posts