Oct 26, 2023

 God is Good

Happy Thursday!

 Bullying is not a new thing it is an old thing. It is anger and hate without a cause. A long time ago the inner cities had gangs. People came together for evil. They were intimidating because they hung in groups and they took pleasure in ganging up on individuals. The devil never changes his colors he just invents new ways of hating. Even as kids we all had an experience with a bully. My oldest brother use to get bullied in elementary. I am the third oldest child and I have two older brothers. My oldest brother had an situation and that situation had gotten bad. We attended church and we didn't have a desire to fight people but some people it is in their nature or they hook up with other people and decide to hate. We learned later that a group of boys would get together and just bother him all day. Name calling and just plain rude. After school it was required that we walk home together. We could not leave until we all came out the building. Each day we would wait and wait on my eldest brother and we notice he was always the last one to come out. One day things became real bad. He ran out the building and he said run...... my other brother and I took off behind him. And we could see the boys laughing behind us. Later on my mother asked us why was we always the last ones home. He made up a story but the next day my mother arrived at the school and she saw him crying and coming out that building late. He confessed they teased him because he wore dress shoes. She told him to stop running. She told my other brother to help him. I would run for an adult if things got bad. The next day he came out on time and we walked slowly. I think he thought if he had a fight my parents would be angry with him. My oldest brother never wanted to disappoint my mother. She gave him courage. The boys noticed all of us together and they laughed but they never came any closer. We walked home in peace. My oldest brother was nerdy with glasses. The second oldest played football. They saw him and didn't want to come closer. He looked toughed. The devil always uses fear. Sometimes you just face it and God steps in.

GOD IS A PROTECTOR

 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.
Ephesians 6:11
You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.
Psalm 32:7
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Psalm 46:1
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
Deuteronomy 31:6
So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”

Have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts